[squid-users] url_write_program: redirecting fails when intercepting https

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jun 30 12:03:07 UTC 2016

On 30/06/2016 12:16 p.m., Moataz Elmasry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing a small bash program script to redirect any request to say
> www.google.com. This script is able to redirect any http script to
> google.com, but not https requests.
> I read the documentation
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS
> But this seem quite complex for my task. Basically I just want to redirect
> any domain, without looking into the full path. Knowing the domain name
> should not be counted as violation or interception of https I hope

What you want and reality do not match. Encryption is not plain ASCII text.

If you want to play around with the plain-text form of encrypted
services like Google and are not the valid owner osf that service, then
you have to MITM / hijack and decrypt the crypto in real-time. Which is
not a simple process.