[squid-users] Squid Proxy SSL Bump Certificates

info at comunicacionesman.com info at comunicacionesman.com
Thu Jun 30 08:53:57 UTC 2016

Hi.

I've configured a firewall in our company with pfSense using Squid as
proxy server. I made it work combined with Diladele to show graphs,
filter logs, configure blocked sites, etc.

What I'm trying to do now is to use an external certificate from a
trusted certificate authority (in this case I'm using a free SSL
certificate from comodo), but I can't see my certificate in the
certificates list when enabling SSL Man in the middle. I can only see
CA's, which are certificate authorities, but when I upload comodo's Root
CA certificate and select it, service does not start. Throws this error:

Jun 30 08:52:40	squid		No valid signing SSL certificate configured for
HTTP_port 192.168.1.1:3128

Does Squid not accept a SSL Certificate from external authorities or am
I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.