[squid-users] Subject: Bandwidth Ceiling

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jun 30 00:00:51 UTC 2016

On 06/29/2016 01:29 PM, squid-cache at pixelrebel.com wrote:
> I'm sort of out of my league here so I may just quit and wait for v4.

Squid v4 may suffer from similar performance problems unless you test it
now, when it is still not too late to fix v4.

Please do not _assume_ that others observe, care about, and/or fix
performance problems that you observe and care about. A large number of
different deployment environments/requirements combined with poor
understanding of change side-effects often result in performance
surprises. If you do not have a concrete evidence that your specific
problem has been addressed, then do your own testing and bug reporting.

Thank you,