[squid-users] Some websites doesn't work with squid anymore

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 27 13:56:06 UTC 2016

On 28/06/2016 1:43 a.m., Adam Wright wrote:
> I always thought for years, using a proxy server hides me from my isp to
> see which websites I'm using etc... Because I'm only connecting to my vps
> server with the help of squid.

You need a VPN or similar encrypted tunnel for that use case. Use of
interception and Squid to direct traffic over the VPN can avoid ISP. But
just using the proxy to connect to an external server does not. The ISP
will just see regular HTTP happening on a different port.

> I checked /var/log/squid3/access.log it shows gmail and other websites. Not
> showing those blocked websites.

Then the browser is not even using the proxy. That is probably the issue
right there.

> I'm using firefox and maxthon.

Strange. "Error code 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)" is a Chrome error.