[squid-users] Squid3: icmp_sock: (97) Address family not supported by protocol / pinger: Unable to start ICMPv6 pinger

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jun 23 07:54:41 UTC 2016

Hey,

Pinger is not a must but a luxury piece of software.

It will make your and others life easier but you can avoid it playing with the configuration option:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/pinger_enable/

And if you have disabled ipv6 in some way it would be probably wise to start thinking about just enabling it if not using it.

Since you have compiled squid by yourself(right?) then you need to disable ipv6 in the squid flags.

I do not think it's a very good idea these days but you are the user\admin\client.

All The Bests,

Eliezer

----

 <http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/> Eliezer Croitoru