[squid-users] Squid3: icmp_sock: (97) Address family not supported by protocol / pinger: Unable to start ICMPv6 pinger

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jun 22 23:37:17 UTC 2016

On Thursday 23 June 2016 at 01:22:45, Alejandro Cabrera Obed wrote:

> #ifconfig
>
> eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:50:53:b2:6e:88
>           inet addr:10.17.133.114  Bcast:10.17.135.255  Mask:255.255.252.0
>
> lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
>           inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0

Well, that certainly confirms that IPv6 is disabled on your machine (from the
lack of lines such as "inet6 addr:").

You say "I haven't disabled the IPv6 protocol, no references in
/etc/default/grub neither in systcl asociated file."

Something (or someone) has certainly disabled IPv6 on this machine, though.

What are the outputs from:

	grep -v ^# /etc/default/networking

	cat /etc/network/interfaces

?

Antony.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.