[squid-users] dead gateway, not dead peer..

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Mon Jun 20 19:53:04 UTC 2016

Looking for a second opinion..

I think this is beyond the scope of squid, but I figured I would ask
anyway..

VZW FiOS link in one building (primary) and VZW FIOS link in a second
building (secondary).

the gateway for the primary link is sometimes unavailable.. squid is fine
on both ends..

0.30 is the host 'oasis', 32.99 'ogden' and 12.194 'sorrento'.

Oasis is where everyone connects to and ogen (secondary) sorrento (primary)
are the non-caching peers.

So sorrento isn't going down, sorrento's gateway is..

Again I also have DNS to worry about.. so I'm thinking this is an issue
lower than squid.. squid being (osi 4 at least), I'm looking to solve an
osi 3 issue..

Right?

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

--

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual(s) named. If you are not an intended recipient you are not