[squid-users] URL access based on AD group membership

Nilesh Gavali nilesh.gavali at tcs.com
Fri Jun 17 14:24:30 UTC 2016

Team;
Need expert help here,
here is my set up - as of now squid integrated with Windows 2012R2 AD, SSO
with kerberos - working fine.
Now I want to restrict Internet access for user based on their AD group
membership. I tried loads of options from various site but no luck. not
sure what is going wrong.
here is my squid config, and cache.log o/p.

=============================
#
# Recommended minimum configuration:
#

auth_param negotiate program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_kerb_auth -s
HTTP/proxy02.abcd.gov.in at ABCD.GOV.IN
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl ad_auth proxy_auth REQUIRED

#AD Group membership

external_acl_type AD_Group %LOGIN /usr/lib64/squid/squid_ldap_group -P -R
-b "DC=ABCD,DC=GOV,DC=IN" -D svcproxy -w 123456789 -f
"(&(objectclass=person)(userPrincipalName=%u)(memberof=cn=%g,ou=InternetAccess,ou=Groups,dc=ABCD,dc=GOV,dc=IN))"
-h abcd.gov.in -s sub -v 3 -d

acl infrateam external AD_Group lgInternetAccess
acl windowsupdate dstdomain "/etc/squid/sitelist/infra_update_site"

acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32 ::1
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8 0.0.0.0/32 ::1

# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt to list your (internal) IP networks from where browsing
# should be allowed
acl localnet src 10.0.0.0/8     # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 172.16.0.0/12  # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src 192.168.0.0/16 # RFC1918 possible internal network
acl localnet src fc00::/7       # RFC 4193 local private network range
acl localnet src fe80::/10      # RFC 4291 link-local (directly plugged)
machines

acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443         # https
acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210         # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280         # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488         # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591         # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777         # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

#
# Recommended minimum Access Permission configuration:
#
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager

# Deny requests to certain unsafe ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports

# Deny CONNECT to other than secure SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports

# We strongly recommend the following be uncommented to protect innocent
# web applications running on the proxy server who think the only
# one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
#http_access deny to_localhost

#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
#
# Example rule allowing access from your local networks.
# Adapt localnet in the ACL section to list your (internal) IP networks
# from where browsing should be allowed

http_access deny infrateam windowsupdate
http_access allow ad_auth

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access deny all

# Squid normally listens to port 3128
http_port 8080
never_direct allow all

cache_peer xx.xx.2.108 parent 8080 0 default
#dns_nameservers DNSSVR.abcd.gov.in
dns_nameservers XX.XX.2.108

# We recommend you to use at least the following line.
#hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?

# Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 2048 16 256

# Leave coredumps in the first cache dir
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

# Log forwarding to SysLog
access_log syslog:local1.info

# Add any of your own refresh_pattern entries above these.
refresh_pattern ^ftp:           1440    20%     10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher:        1440    0%      1440
refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0     0%      0
refresh_pattern .               0       20%     4320
======================================
cache.log o/p-
Connected OK
group filter
'(&(objectclass=person)(userPrincipalName=da.853438 at ABCD.GOV.IN)(memberof=cn=lgInternetAccess,ou=InternetAccess,ou=Groups,dc=abcd,dc=gov,dc=in))',
searchbase 'DC=ABCD,DC=GOV,DC=IN'

Thanks & Regards
Nilesh Suresh Gavali
and any attachments. Thank you