[squid-users] How to mark HIT using qos_flow in squid mode SmpCarpCluster

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jun 7 01:04:39 UTC 2016

On 5/06/2016 8:37 p.m., Dhani-Dhanu wrote:
> Hallo
>
> First, i would to say thanks you for Support..
>
> second, i have running squid 3.5.19 with SmpCarpCluster..And work very nice
> and nothing problem.
>
> But i need to Bypass Cache HIT with qos_flows. On Standar Config qos_flows
> working as well, but on SmpCarpCluster qos_flow not work.
>
> Can anyone would to help me to info regarding this issue?

If you want the backend TOS value to be passed out to the client the
backend can use qos_flows but then the frontend must not over-write that
with its own value.

There is also no support in Linux for applications receiving the TOS
value on their inbound packets. So using the MARK instead of TOS is needed.