[squid-users] Vary object loop returns

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 6 22:38:30 UTC 2016

On 7/06/2016 5:47 a.m., Heiler Bemerguy wrote:

> These are the variations for the "accept-encoding" tag I found when
> sniffing my client's connections. And they're of all kind. Newer and
> older browsers, mobile phones, windows updates, whatever..
>
> It got a total of 11.437 requests from clients to squid.
>

> *accept-encoding: gzip, deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, lzma, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, xeflate, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: identity**
> **Accept-Encoding: identity;q=1, *;q=0*

Thanks.

> Notice that some have spaces, some not, but I haven't seen any "%20"
> representing a space. Is the "%20" put there by squid itself?

Yes. joe and Yuri are playing around with the cache ID key produced from
combining Vary with request headers contents (the variant version of
Store-ID). Not the request message itself.

Which is part of why this is not being accepted. The server is still
delivered the same request headers. So a server that responds with SDCH
encoding to those requests with "sdch", will also be delivered to the
top for clients that dont support SDCH.