[squid-users] Vary object loop returns

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:55:31 UTC 2016

So.

Squid DOES NOT and DON'T BE support gzip. The only way to do it - use
ecap + desupported ecap gzip adapter. Let's accept this. We can support
gzip. With restrictions. Ok.

any other compression - false. No. No way. Get out. and so on.

 identity - this is uncompressed type.

That's all, folks.

Finally. As Joe does, we can remain only gzip and identity in
Accept-Encoding and truncate all remaining.

Without any problem. Moreover, this type of can be push to all brunches
of squid without any problem, because of this dramatically increases
byte HIT.

As I said, this does Squid it must be.

06.06.2016 23:47, Heiler Bemerguy пишет:

> These are the variations for the "accept-encoding" tag I found when
sniffing my client's connections. And they're of all kind. Newer and
older browsers, mobile phones, windows updates, whatever..

> It got a total of 11.437 requests from clients to squid.
>

> *accept-encoding: gzip, deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, lzma, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: gzip, xeflate, sdch**
> **Accept-Encoding: identity**
> **Accept-Encoding: identity;q=1, *;q=0*
>

> Notice that some have spaces, some not, but I haven't seen any "%20"
representing a space. Is the "%20" put there by squid itself?

> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Heiler Bemerguy
> Network Manager - CINBESA
> 55 91 98151-4894/3184-1751
>

> Em 06/06/2016 12:08, Yuri Voinov escreveu:
> Ok, why not to replace %20 to original space symbol?

if-modified-since="Mon,%2006%20Jun%202016%2014%3A31%3A32%20GMT",