[squid-users] logging and proxy pac file help

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Jun 5 11:29:37 UTC 2016

On 03.06.16 22:51, Andrew Meyer wrote:
>So I have squid (latest) running in a a jail, and I am able to use it
>communicate with it via the browser.  But I am trying to set it up so that
>I can use a proxy.pac file.  I have the proxy.pac configured.  Firefox is
>being used as my testbed.  When I switch over the pac file I get nothing in
>the logs.  Not sure why.    Below is my config.

a PAC / WPAD file has nothing top do with squid, especially when you see
nothing in squid logs. you need to debug your pac file.
if you're using mosilla, check out javascript console if it reports any
problm with your PAC file.

>function FindProxyForURL(url, host) {
>    //Don't proxy connections to the UTM web interface
>    if (shExpMatch(url, "https://${asg_hostname}*")) return "DIRECT";
>    if (shExpMatch(url, "https://" + dnsResolve(host) + "*")) return "DIRECT";
>    //Exclude non-fqdn hosts from being proxied
>    if (isPlainHostName(host)) return "DIRECT";
>    //Don't proxy connections to the exempted URL matches
>    if (shExpMatch(url, "*borg.local*")) return "DIRECT";
>   if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.150.0.0", "255.255.0.0"))        {return "PROXY proxy.borg.local:3128" ;}
>
>    return "DIRECT";
>}

what's ${asg_hostname} ?

...I find interesting that you use proxy for 10.150.0.0/16 but not for the
internet, I would expect just the opposite.

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...