[squid-users] any reason why squid 3.5.2 get restarted after some time ??

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 28 11:07:56 UTC 2016

On 28/07/2016 8:24 p.m., --Ahmad-- wrote:
> Hi
> I’m using squid 3.5.2
>
> i don’t know why after sometime i see squid got restarted
>
> as we see in logs below , we see 2016/07/28 08:06:07 kid6| Starting Squid Cache version 3.5.2 for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu…
>
> the question here why squid start or restart after sometime ???

Probably somebody has noticed that you are using a very outdated Squid
version and is triggering bugs. I see at least two attack signatures in
that log snippet to which 3.5.2 is vulnerable. The restart is likely to
be from one of the ones which is not visible.

Please update to 3.5.20 and see if the problem remains.