[squid-users] google drive up-/download size in squidlog

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jul 27 14:51:36 UTC 2016

On 07/27/2016 08:39 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Am 22.06.2016 um 16:58 schrieb Paul Buechler:
>>> the documentation says:
>>>
>>> [http::]>st    Total size of request received from client. Excluding
>>> chunked encoding bytes.
>>>
>>> so is it possible to have the chunked encoding bytes included?

> The answer is no.

A better answer is: It is not possible through configuration today, but
see
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F

If somebody decides to work on that, please keep SSL and HTTP/2 in mind
when extending size-related logformat %codes to handle "encodings" of
various kinds. A comprehensive configuration approach would be better
than adding five more %codes for each encoding [combination].

> Squid-3 decoder is simply not plugged in anywhere near byte accounting.
>
> Squid-4 chunked coder has been re-designed in a way that does byte
> accounting internally ready for recording. But has not yet had the
> logging parts connected up.

Also, %>st and several other size-related logged values lie about true
message sizes under certain conditions. We are working to fix that.

HTH,