[squid-users] cachemgr.cgi on embedded system

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 14:08:17 UTC 2016

On 26/07/2016 12:49 a.m., reinerotto wrote:
> On 25/07/2016 8:55 p.m., reinerotto wrote:
>>> * Squid has Basic authentication enabled. <
>> This is _not_ the case in my environment.
>> I had an _impression_ from the wiki, that basic_auth _might_ be used.
>> (And there was a note from Yuri, having a similar problem like me :-)
>> Pls, consider an explicit statement in the wiki.
>
> Which wiki page are you looking at?
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CacheManager#default

Ah. Thats not mentioning auth because the *default* is that no password
/ authentication is required, but some "reports" that affect Squid
behaviour are disabled.

Your setup needs Basic auth because you explicitly configured
cachemgr_passwd to apply for _all_ reports. Which is covered in the
section a few below that one about the default config.

I've updated that sectino to mention how Basic is involved.

Cheers