[squid-users] cachemgr.cgi on embedded system

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 11:32:10 UTC 2016

On 25/07/2016 8:55 p.m., reinerotto wrote:
>> * Squid has Basic authentication enabled. <
> This is _not_ the case in my environment.
> I had an _impression_ from the wiki, that basic_auth _might_ be used.
> (And there was a note from Yuri, having a similar problem like me :-)
> Pls, consider an explicit statement in the wiki.

Which wiki page are you looking at?

> On an embedded device, a  _default_ squid install (used 2.7 in the past,
> which was good enough for a long time)
> eats up a lot of precious non-volatile memory (16MB flash mem are already
> "plenty") , so
> I have to scale down squid to required functionality only, when compiling.
> So, most likely these are my .config-options, relevant to my problem:
>
> '--disable-external-acl-helpers'
> '--disable-auth-negotiate'
> '--disable-auth-ntlm'
> '--disable-auth-digest'
> '--disable-auth-basic'
>
> I assume, '--enable-auth-basic' is required for cachemgr to work,

Yes, thats the one. You will need it to be enabled, but can list "none"
to build no helpers.

> but what about '--disable-external-acl-helpers' ?

Only if you use external ACL helpersthat are bundled with Squid. That
does not remove the external ACL code from Squid, just controlls the
bundled helpers being built (or not).

For minimal install options you may want to compare the list in
test-suite/buildtests/layer-01-minimal.opts to yours. It is overdue for
updating right now, but might give you some other ideas of possible
shrinkage.