[squid-users] protect squid.conf file

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Jul 22 20:22:26 UTC 2016

On Friday 22 July 2016 at 22:14:36, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> 23.07.2016 2:04, Antony Stone пишет:
> >
> > How does this help?
>
> Yes, this is idiotic idea :)

Hehe :)

> > If you do not trust people with root access to your machine:
> >
> > a) you have lost control
>
> Root must be only one (c) :) As I've said.

Well, only one, or at least only the "inner circle"...

> BTW, what secrets can be in squid.conf? :)

Yes, I've wondered (and asked) this too...

Mr. Alzaeem hasn't yet told us why he finds the chmod/chown solution to be
inadequate, either.

> ACL's? Just interesting.
> Custom binary code is another thing, but config(s)?! Hmmmmmmmmmm........
> Wrong something in the state of Denmark .....

I would very much like to know what Ahmad (Ahmed? - the spelling differs on
different emails...) thinks is so sensitive about the contents of his
squid.conf, especially against users to whom he has given SSH access to his
server.

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.