[squid-users] protect squid.conf file

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 19:53:31 UTC 2016

The simplest way I see is:

- - Write you own custom squid's startup script (with bash/any shell you
want).

- - This script will decrypt squid.conf before any
startup/shutdown/reconfigure operation then encrypt config again.

- - Therefore squid.conf will stored encrypted most time on fs.

That's all, folks. All required components is already available -
openssl, bash, vi, hands.

Yet another way is more complex. Just write C/C++ wrapper to
startup/shutdown/reconfigure squid. With encryption by your choose.

But the best - tadaaaaa! - No.1 solution is: Get away another
superuser's from your server!!! The root must be only one - like hero!

22.07.2016 20:01, --Ahmad-- пишет:
> amos i want to  have like set default directive
>
> say like there is default  one called ——————>   cache_mem
256               for squid