[squid-users] Skype+intercept+ssl_bump

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Jul 18 17:52:38 UTC 2016

To clear out my idea,

I was thinking about an option to decide if to bump or not based on a SSL handshake test on the destination Service.
I do not know skype traffic that much but I do know that a PTR can be "faked" and have seen it couple times in the past.
I considered what to do and one of the options is to do the bump in two steps and to identify requests that was not supposed to be bumped.
It's a bit complicated since in the nature of the idea there would be at least one failure for the client attempt to reach a destination.
I do not like the idea and I know it's not a nice one but I think that if an admin can identify the goal and determine that he doesn't care about traffic
detained to a specific host for both filtering and  caching then all traffic to these hosts can be tunneled or spliced.

The methods I have in mind are:
- Using firewall\kernel level of bumping exceptions
- Using some no-bump external_acl helper

I have a specific model for doing such a thing with Linux ipset and I only need couple domains to evaluate the concept.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator