[squid-users] dns children setting breaks my squid.conf

B. Henry burt1iband at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 00:21:04 UTC 2016

Here's is what I have in my working squid.conf related to dns.
Note that the dns children entry is commented out as when I try and use any value this breaks things and I can't use the server at all.

positive_dns_ttl 3 hours

negative_dns_ttl 30 seconds

#minimum_expiry_time 30 seconds

#dns_children 7

dns_timeout 90 seconds

#dns_nameser 208.67.222.2224.2.2.4

This is squid 3.1.19 on ubuntu 12.04 64bit server. It's a openvz vps, not baremetal if that counts for anything.

it uses two other google dns servers actually, so I defined the proxy to use an opendns and one google dns server, same ones I usually use on my local
hardware.
Thanks for any ideas.

--
     B.H.