[squid-users] Wrong req_header result in cache_peer_access when using ssl_bump

Mihai Ene me at ub.io
Fri Jul 15 18:11:11 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if this is by design. I have a working ssl_bump configuration
when using direct connections. However, cache_peer and cache_peer_access
have req_header rules which aren't followed in bumped connections.

In logs, immediately after bumping, I see attempts to read X-My-Header
during cache_peer_access rules, and the header appears to always be empty
and ACLs always evaluate to 0, although the same logs show the correct,
expected X-My-Header later on, when forwarding the request.

Is this by design? Are req_header headers supposed to be empty for
cache_peer_access rules when bumping ssl? Or is it a bug?

*Mihai Ene*
Software Developer

*UB | Your universal basket*

http://ub.io