[squid-users] time based range_offset_limit

Heiler Bemerguy heiler.bemerguy at cinbesa.com.br
Wed Jul 13 12:43:35 UTC 2016

Em 12/07/2016 23:43, Alex Rousskov escreveu:

>> (without using Range: header).
> That's your squid.conf customization, I presume.

The squid won't send a Range: header to the server because the request
is matching the range_offset_limit -1 ACL. I presume. So squid will try
to fetch the file from the beginning, faking a full request, right?

>> That's why I don't understand why it does not work on a REAL
>> enviroment.
> Many things can go wrong -- the real requests may require collapsed
> forwarding that you do not test, the real requests may have no-cache,
> the real response may not be cachable, or there is some Range handling
> bug that your test scripts do not tickle (e.g., they request ranges that
> are always close to each other and are always available at the same time).
Well, if I turn off collapsed_forwarding and try to GET the same file on
the same server in a row (only changing the Range), it will create *two
*connections to the server instead of only *one*.
I use "override-expire ignore-private ignore-no-store ignore-reload
ignore-must-revalidate store-stale" for this particular request, won't
it override the no-cache or whatever?

> Beyond that, you would have to do detailed traffic analysis (packet
> captures; ALL,2; ALL,9).

I use tcpdump rather frequently.

--
Best Regards,