[squid-users] time based range_offset_limit

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jul 13 11:13:07 UTC 2016

On 12/07/2016 11:14 p.m., Omid Kosari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to have "range_offset_limit none" for specific acl in specific time .
> The config is and squid -k parse/check does not show any error .
>
> acl download_until_end_by_ip dst 13.107.4.50
> acl freetimes time 03:00-08:00
> range_offset_limit none download_until_end_by_ip freetimes
>
> But please somebody confirm that it is correct and should work .

If that is the only range_offset_limit line in your squid.conf then it
will do what you described. For *new* requests started within that time
period.

Though be aware that Squid being Internet software operates using UTC
timezone. Not local wall-time.

Whether that behaviour will "work" for whatever your problem actually is
nobody knows, because you did not state what the problem you are
attempting to solve is.