[squid-users] time based range_offset_limit

Heiler Bemerguy heiler.bemerguy at cinbesa.com.br
Tue Jul 12 21:56:55 UTC 2016

Em 12/07/2016 18:30, Alex Rousskov escreveu:

> Said that, some special clients do send concurrent *Range* requests for
> the same URL! If Squid receives N concurrent Range requests for the same
> URL, I believe Squid will try to collapse them, possibly with disastrous
> results, especially if Squid does not strip the Range header when
> forwarding a request. Somebody should test that and [at least] file a
> bug report if there is indeed a Range request collapsing bug.

LOL Alex, I thought of that disaster too!! But in my tests it, works
flawlessly.

Squid will accept all ranged requests from clients, being the second and
the subsequent ones a HIT (if the first one had already received at
least the replying HEADER of the server) and open only A single
connection to the server (without using Range: header).

After the server starts sending the data, squid will correctly forward
the traffic to the clients. Each one will get the range it asked for....

That's why I don't understand why it does not work on a REAL
enviroment........

--
Best Regards,

Heiler Bemerguy