[squid-users] url_rewrite_program shows IP addresses instead of domain name when rewriting SSL/HTTPS

Moataz Elmasry zaza1851983ml at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:42:25 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I just had an idea. Refering to the last email.
The reason why I'm getting those "Header forgery" errors might be because
of the defined nat rules. I'm using the following rules:

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT --match owner --uid-owner proxy -p tcp --dport 80
-j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination
${MY_IP}:3128
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT --match owner --uid-owner proxy -p tcp --dport
443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination
${MY_IP}:3129

so, the next thing is I changed the --to-destination lines as follows:

iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m owner ! --uid-owner proxy --dport 443
-j REDIRECT --to-port 3129

But no success. Do these nat rules have anything to do with the header
forgery problem?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Moataz Elmasry <zaza1851983ml at googlemail.com