[squid-users] host_verify_strict and wildcard SNI

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jul 6 20:38:55 UTC 2016

Hey Yuri,

I am not the "standards" guy but I do know that if something can be encoded
it can be "decoded".
There are special cases which needs special "spice" which sometimes is not
present here or there on the shelves.
To my disappointment and happiness there are very good products out there
which are not squid with much better fines invested in them.
I can clearly say that the Squid-Cache project is not the most "advanced"
piece of software in the market and I know that it cannot compare to let say
even 500 coding programmers work.
I have seen couple products that are open source which tries to provide
functionality which is similar to squid only in the protocol level and a
simple proxy with great luck.
Some of them are not as great as they might seems but I think that a young
programmer with enough investment can learn the required subjects to
implement a solution.
However, here admins, users, programmers can ask questions as they please
and I encourage to ask.
I try to answer as much as I can and in many cases my knowledge might not
be enough but I am trying to answer what I can with hope that it will help.
And unlike MD Doctors SysAdmins do not need to swear on something like "do
not harm" and I think it's a good aspect on things.

I am still looking for clues about cloudflare since I have yet to see the
person who hold the keys for them.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru <http://ngtech.co.il/lmgtfy/>