[squid-users] Empty response from website via proxy

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 5 05:04:41 UTC 2016

On 5/07/2016 4:25 p.m., Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> This website seems not send back a proper web page if the request comes via a (squid?) proxy.
>
> http://passporttosafety.com.au/
>
> Can anyone tell what might be going wrong here?

Happens whenever it sees an X-Forwarded-For header.

It looks to me like the server or a script in the origin is trying to
use that header for something (usually tracking the user by IPs) but
very broken and crashing. A sadly common situation.

In this case though there is a Varnish proxy in front of it adding a
payload fails to appear before the origin connection aborts.