[squid-users] how to fix proxy squid on virtualmin (ubuntu 16, 04)?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Jul 3 14:57:54 UTC 2016

On Sunday 03 July 2016 at 16:50:25, Jok Thuau wrote:

> > On Jul 3, 2016, at 6:47 AM, james82 <fastestsuperman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > what do you mean? don't you see i use ubuntu 16.04 desktop? i installed
> > webmin and virtualmin for easy control to use. i use OS on virtualbox.
> > then I install by "sudo apt-get install squid". that it. Now what??
>
> Now you need to configure squid.

I get the impression the OP was hoping webmin would do that for him...

Or alternatively http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples

> I would urge you to go read any Ubuntu administration guide online (there
> are a few). Some of them even cover squid, as shipped in Ubuntu.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/squid.html  perhaps.

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.