[squid-users] Squid 3.5.13 transparent compiling fails with ubuntu 14.04 server

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jan 29 18:03:46 UTC 2016

On 30/01/2016 4:26 a.m., L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
>>> ## 2) we added --enable-ssl , --with-open-ssl=/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf,
>>
>> Neither of which is a valid ./configure option for Squid.
>
> Not ? works perfect on debian.

By "works perfect" I assume you mean autoconf doing its usual thing of
ignoring unknown options entirely.

 --enable-ssl was replaced a while ago  by --with-openssl (note the
single '-').

 --with-open-ssl has never existed.

--with-openssl does take a "=PATH" optional component. However it is the
base path under which openssl was installed (/usr/...). Not the path to
a system configuration file (/etc/...).
On Debian if you are using the system OpenSSL *-dev package then you can
omit the PATH part and Squid will find the bits it needs automatically.

> I took my info from :
> http://www.tonmann.com/2015/04/compile-squid-3-5-x-under-debian-jessie/

The authoritative info on configure options for any given Squid release
is provided by "./configure --help".