[squid-users] Compiling Squid for Android ARM v7 and higher

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jan 29 11:59:43 UTC 2016

On 29/01/2016 11:10 p.m., Kinkie wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Hans Dampf wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was trying to compile latest squid source for my android smartphone. I
>> tried almost everything but I cant successfully compile it.
>> Can you please help me with a tutorial for dummies  or even send me a
>> precompiled binary ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>

> Hi,
>    there is nothing preventing Squid to build on ARM that we squid
> developers know of.

Several of our downstream distros build and offer working Squid ARM
packages. It just builds, nothing special needed at all.

> Android is a different story, we have not ported
> to that platform and we do not know how we could build for it.

Someone a few versions ago got Squid building on Android and submitted
the few changes necessary to get it to build. Those were accepted. So
AFAIK all the recent Squid versions should build and run fine on Android.