[squid-users] forwarded_for problems log client ip apache 2.4 (SOLVED)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 29 09:04:32 UTC 2016

Hai Eliezer, ( and Amos ofcourse.. )

Thank you guys for you very clear explainations.

I did find my problem ! im a happy..

The problem was in my apache setup with the remoteip module.

So in addition to your good info.

What i did is the following.

In my vhost i now have :

Include conf-custom/log-remoteip.conf

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/vhost-access.log combined_remoteip

And the log-remote-ip.conf has.

<IfModule mod_remoteip.c>

  RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For

  RemoteIPInternalProxy ip_of_proxy

  RemoteIPInternalProxy hostname_of_proxy.domain.tld.

  LogFormat "%a %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %O \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined_remoteip

</IfModule>

And Squid used the default forwarded_for on.

Now it works perfect !!

Thanks you for the tips, you made my happy.

Greetz,

Louis