[squid-users] ICAP and Allow 204 Header

Gilles Bardouillet gilles.bardouillet at atos.net
Mon Jan 25 17:28:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm using SQUID with CAS ICAP Server but I have one issue :

  * for some images, squid receive icap error as ICAP_ERR_OTHER
  * I noticed that for all these errors, Squid dont send the HTTP header
    Allows 204
  * I read the code and find the Allow 204 header _is only set when
    preview is enabled_.

My icap conf activated preview and preview size as follow :
icap_preview_enable on
icap_preview_size 1024

I read that the preview size value can be overwritten by OPTIONS
requests, so can give me some details, hints in order to find why some
pictures dont offer preview and then fails ?

Thanks,
Gilles.