[squid-users] simple script to get squid 3.5.12 from Debian sid on Jessie.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Jan 24 19:17:24 UTC 2016

On 25/01/2016 7:18 a.m., startrekfan wrote:

> *So the only _good_ solution is a modification of the license so that the
> debian team can build squid with ssl support. This will solve every problem
> immediately.*

If that were actually to happen today, it would still be another year or
so before Debian Stretch becomes a stable release and an updated package
reaches your machine. So no, dont think it will solve every problem
immediately.

You are very welcome to try and track down the current contact details
for the authors of every one of the 320K lines of Squid code. When that
is done we can email them and ask nicely for permission to insert the
license exemption.

Note that you will have to solve the problems of persons refusing us
permission to record their emails in public repository, nicknames,
aliases and long-dead company contributions.

Believe me, we *have* tried at this several times. As recently as last
year we did a major copyright audit for the Foundation stewardship
transition. But the blocker problems are still existing.