[squid-users] How to setup a secure(!) squid proxy

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Jan 23 11:07:27 UTC 2016

On 22.01.16 15:15, startrekfan wrote:
>The dependencies has changed: https://packages.debian.org/sid/squid (not
>sure why there is also a https://packages.debian.org/sid/squid3 entry)

because back in wheezy squid was version 2 and when you wanted version 3,
you've had to install "squid3" package. in jessie, there's only squid3, so
anyone with squid (2) will be aware with this change.

>Thats excactly the problem with unstable sources. squid3 3.5 requires
>libecap3 instead of libecap2 (squid3 version 3.4). I can't install libecap3
>because it has further dependencies.
>I also can't even compile libecap3 without installing n more dependencies.

you can manually change dependencies in debian control file, unless the
dependency is in the code (not sure, someone of squid should know...).
you can still compile squid without ecap.

>So I have to use squid 3.4 with the unsafe sha1 furthermore.

you can wait until someone backports squid 3.5 to jessie.
or, sha256 support to squid 3.4 (both may happen)
then used against you.