[squid-users] How to setup a secure(!) squid proxy

Rafael Akchurin rafael.akchurin at diladele.com
Fri Jan 22 15:48:34 UTC 2016

Hello  Startrekfan,

The patch from SHA1 to SHA256 is quite simple. See http://docs.diladele.com/administrator_guide_4_4/install/debian8/squid.html at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,
Rafael

From: squid-users [mailto:squid-users-bounces at lists.squid-cache.org] On Behalf Of startrekfan
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:15 PM
To: squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org; L.P.H. van Belle <belle at bazuin.nl>
Subject: Re: [squid-users] How to setup a secure(!) squid proxy

Found the problem:

The dependencies has changed: https://packages.debian.org/sid/squid (not sure why there is also a https://packages.debian.org/sid/squid3 entry)

Thats excactly the problem with unstable sources. squid3 3.5 requires libecap3 instead of libecap2 (squid3 version 3.4). I can't install libecap3 because it has further dependencies.
I also can't even compile libecap3 without installing n more dependencies.

So I have to use squid 3.4 with the unsafe sha1 furthermore.