[squid-users] How to setup a secure(!) squid proxy

startrekfan startrekfan75 at freenet.de
Fri Jan 22 11:50:52 UTC 2016

Talked to the debian guys again. There seems to be a problem with the
complete release system.

They apply  security patches for the stable squid 3.4.8 in debian jessie.
But not for the ssl part of squid because it's disabled by default. So when
I enable ssl I have to take care about everything by myself.

So the only thing that I can do is compiling an "unstable" squid 3.5 by
myself. But this has several disadvantages: No auto-update, problems with
the dependencies (This can get serious, if squid changes common
dependencies), unstable software in a stable environment (Squid _could_ run
unstable)

Is there any chance that squid modifies its license so that it's compatible
with openssl? The current situation makes the administration more
complicated than it's necessary for everyone.

Thanks