[squid-users] dynamic messages from acl helper program

Sreenath BH bhsreenath at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 18:34:03 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We are using acl helper to authenticate users. Squid allows a template
file that will be used to send a custom error message when the ACL
sends an "ERR" string back to squid.

In our case the acl helper contacts another web service for authentication.
Is there a way to send the message we get from the web service (or any
thing that changes from request to request) back to the client.

Essentially what we are looking for is a way to change the error
message at run time.

thanks for any help,
Sreenath