[squid-users] receive only (asymatric routing)

behrad eslami behrad_es at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 18 09:56:27 UTC 2016

Thanks for you reply
Im askinng about one way traffic. Some user sends traffic ,route from another ISP and only received packet route from squid

    On Sunday, January 17, 2016 12:21 PM, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it> wrote:

 On Sunday 17 January 2016 at 08:55:56, behrad eslami wrote:

> Hi
> Some part of our traffic is asymmatric (send and receive had different
> route)Is squid cat work on one direct (only on receive)?

If you're asking whether Squid will cache and/or proxy replies from webservers
where it hasn't seen the requests, then no.

If you're asking whether Squid cares about whether its upstream connection to
the webserver/s, and the downstream replies from the webserver/s go along
different routes, then no.

So, both request and reply packets have to pass through Squid.  How those
packets get routed between client and Squid, and between Squid and server, and
then back again, is immaterial (provided any NAT along the way is correctly
reversed on replies, but if you weren't doing that, then replies would never
get back to the clients anyway).

Antony.

--
Douglas was one of those writers who honourably failed to get anywhere with
'weekending'.  It put a premium on people who could write things that lasted

 - Geoffrey Perkins, about Douglas Adams

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.