[squid-users] Maxconn Parameter behaviour with NAT

Murat Balkan murat.balkan at ericsson.com
Fri Jan 15 15:11:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for the response.
What I want to achieve is to prevent 2 users enter with the same username simultaneously.

<--> User 1 enters the proxy, browses some pages.
<--> User 2 tries to enter, and he receives a reject.
<--> User1 stops browsing pages.
<--> User2 tries to enter, but because the TTL is not expired for the first user, he is rejected again.
<--> After the TTL, User2 is able to connect.

This scenario is working with the -s strict parameter that is applied to maxconn. But I want to achieve the same with the usernames, not the IP addresses as the user distinguisher.

You mentioned maxuser parameter. Can you give an example of its' usage?

Thanks a lot,

Murat