[squid-users] intercept mode gives access denied

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Jan 14 19:12:58 UTC 2016

On Thursday 14 January 2016 at 18:25:16, Robert Plamondon wrote:

> > You *must* perform the NAT on the machine Squid is running on for
> > intercept mode to work.
> >
> > Doing it on any other router along the way will not work.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, I'd phrase this differently: the NAT must not
> be performed between the client and Squid. Squid is indifferent if NAT
> occurs between itself and the server. So it's a matter of placing the two
> functions in the right order along the network path.

Yes.

I was referring to the specific Destination NAT operation which changes the
destination address of the HTTP requests from their original (the web server),
to be the IP address of the Squid machine.

I think it's safe to say that any Source NAT operation is safe at any point
along the route.

Antony.

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it didn't work.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.