[squid-users] intercept mode gives access denied

jean-yves boisiaud jean-yves.boisiaud at alcor-consulting.fr
Thu Jan 14 12:21:57 UTC 2016

hello,

I am migrating a squid box from squid 2.7 to squid 3.4.8 (debian jessie).

I use squid for forwarding only.

My squid box is not on a firewall, but on a dedicated server in the DMZ,
between the internal and the external firewall.

So, I have two http_port directives :

http_port 8080
http_port 3128 intercept

On the internal firewall, port 80 is redirected to the squid box port 3128,
for transparent proxying.

When I use a navigator with the proxy set to the squid box and port 8080,
everything is working fine.

But when I use the same navigator with direct internet connection (no
proxy), squid returns me a HTML page with an access denied error message.

What do I miss in my configuration ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Jean-Yves Boisiaud - Alcor Consulting