[squid-users] kerberos authentication with a machine account doesn't work

LYMN brett.lymn at baesystems.com
Thu Jan 14 05:09:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 09:30:46AM +0100, Fabio Bucci wrote:
> Hi All,
> i want to terminate a previous job did by ex colleague is changed
> company. Now there is a cluster of 2 nodes of squid with NTLM
> transparent authentication and one spare node i'm using as test and
> configured with kerberos instead. Reading a lot of info i understood
> kerberos is more stable than NTLM and my plan is to migrate the
> production cluster to this kind of authentication. Configurations
> (squid and kerberos) seem to be ok but everytime with browser i point
> to squid i'm unable to go to internet, popup requires me credentials
> but even i put the right ones it doesn't work. Coudl you help me?

Firstly, please don't hijack someone elses thread, that makes things
confusing.  Post a new message of your own so people can follow the
thread.  Secondly, you need to provide answers to all the questions that
L.P.H. van Belle asked, this will give people a good picture of what
your set up is like and where the problem may be.

--
Brett Lymn
This email has been sent on behalf of one of the following companies within the BAE Systems Australia group of companies:

    BAE Systems Australia Limited - Australian Company Number 008 423 005
    BAE Systems Australia Defence Pty Limited - Australian Company Number 006 870 846
    BAE Systems Australia Logistics Pty Limited - Australian Company Number 086 228 864

Our registered office is Evans Building, Taranaki Road, Edinburgh Parks,
Edinburgh, South Australia, 5111. If the identity of the sending company is
not clear from the content of this email please contact the sender.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy or
disclose its content, but please reply to this email immediately and highlight
the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message.