[squid-users] Authorization in a different way

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jan 13 18:45:35 UTC 2016

I do not know if an old idea of mine will be good for you but... I will
write it anyway.
The basic way to do what you want is to use some kind of authentication
in the session level and not the IP but..
You can use some "keep-alive" page which will use some JS to
re-authenticate every couple seconds or minutes.
The service like in TCP will assume that the connection is available as
long as the client JS ran in the last couple seconds\minutes.
It can help you to allow a specific user to use a specific IP address as
long as the JS runs.
And if the user was not authenticated to the other service (which can
run in https) for a period of time the session helper will not allow any
other new session to pass in.

Hope it will help you.
Eliezer