[squid-users] multiple client certfifcates for ssl bumping

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jan 12 22:23:07 UTC 2016

On 13/01/2016 2:53 a.m., Alexei Mayanov wrote:
> Hello!
> I use Squid 3.5.12.
> For SSL bumping it is possible to specify client certificate and
> private key by 'sslproxy_client_certificate' and 'sslproxy_client_key'

No, that is not possible in any Squid at present. I am working slowly
towards supporting it for Squid-4 or maybe 5, but not quite there yet.

> Can I use 'cache_peer' directive for this?

Yes, cache_peer could be used as a workaround if there is a reasonably
small set of servers/certificates to use.

> If yes, can somebody present a short config example?

It looks something like this:

 cache_peer ... name=S1 sslcert=X1 sslkey=Y1
 acl foo1 ...
 cache_peer_access S1 allow foo1

 cache_peer ... name=S2 sslcert=X2 sslkey=Y2
 acl foo2 ...
 cache_peer_access S1 allow foo2