[squid-users] Compile install Squid, configure default options.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Jan 12 20:58:43 UTC 2016

On 04/01/2016 11:22, 郑伟 wrote:
> I want to use newest version Squid, but i think I perhaps missing
> something important option maybe, which can cause risk in some case?
>
> Could any please help me for a `standard necessary' configure arguments
> for current 3.5 serious?

As was mentioned couple times here the basic "./configure" should be enough.
 From an unknown reason the wiki might not be up-to-date and you should
also take a look at the buildfarm installation instructions just to
understand that somethings might be missing:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/BuildFarm/CentosInstall

But I encourage to build and understand how it all works out for you.
Sometimes RPM builders tend to add things to be more verbose then needed
but not in all cases.
I am building the CentOS unofficial RPMs which are up-to-date to the
latest version(3.5.13) if possible, more info at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS#Squid-3.5

If you need specific help just let me know.

Eliezer