[squid-users] host header forgery false positives

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Jan 12 20:49:35 UTC 2016

Hey Jason,

I think we can divide the issue into two:
- host forgery identification
- host forgery action

And you can also add intercepting compared to configured forward proxy.
If you can draw a picture of the clients and the proxy network layout we
can try somewhere.
What you are talking about is mainly due to intercepting connections and
not using a regular forward proxy.
Also what dns server are you using there? Do you have queries log
enabled?(like in bind)
Can you run a "dig host" to verify what happens there? if there are many
records in the response?

I have not used ssl-bump in intercept\trpoxy mode in a very long time
but I would be happy to test couple things if it's easy enough.(1\2
routers + 1\2 clients win+lx)

Eliezer