[squid-users] Authenticate_ip_ttl_strict

Murat Balkan murat.balkan at ericsson.com
Tue Jan 12 19:26:10 UTC 2016

Hello,

I want to use authenticate_ip_ttl_strict on configuration (I have seen this mentioned in this group) but squid complains no such parameter at the startup. I am using version 3.1.23

What I am trying to achieve is during the IP TTL period, if a second user tries to log in to the proxy with the same username, he should be blocked until the first users IP TTL (or TTL) expires.

Is it possible to achieve this? Right now I am applying the following acl

acl NO_USERNAME_SHARE max_user_ip 1

However it seems the second users first request is denied, but this also triggers the first users IP TTL to expire, therefore if the second user refreshes the page again, he is able to logged in.

Thanks,

Murat