[squid-users] guideline on limiting users per IP

3@D4rkn3ss DuMb 32d4rkn3ss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:54:18 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I hope you all doing fine ! I know that this question has already been
asked multiple times, and I already checked the logs (old mailing list) but
I didn't find there my answers ... By the way, I am suspecting that this
might have something to do with the squid version itself.

In fact, I am running squid on two different servers: CentOS 6 and Debian
sid (testing)! I implemented the last one as a backup, but I would like to
perform a hot swap now since the version in CentOS does not support the
max_user_ip policy.

The version on Debian is 3.5.12 and but still max_user_ip does not work at
all and squid in verbose mode does not reject it but go through it
correctly, so I m bit confused. The authentication is against AD win 2008.

I will send the more details later on but If somebody could confirm
regarding the compatibility between the version and the max_user_ip/ AD
authentication.

Thank you in advance,

Ken