[squid-users] Intercepting BITS_POST

Saravanan Coimbatore scoimbatore at vormetric.com
Sun Jan 10 07:27:44 UTC 2016

Hi Amos,

MSFT uses a handshake mechanism to sync files between enterprise and Cloud. We use squid with icap plugins to analyze data.

The handshake is BITS_POST which is based on HTTP 1.1. When we enabled the icap plugin, the request was not going through. We were getting OTHER_METHOD response. We debugged this and fixed it where we added BITS_POST as a valid method/verb in Squid. We will be submitting this change for review to squid team.

Thanks,
Saravanan

On Jan 9, 2016 11:15 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:
On 6/01/2016 2:33 p.m., Saravanan Coimbatore wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to use Squid Proxy combined with C-ICAP or any other
> mechanism to intercept and analyze files uploaded using BITS_POST in
> OneDrive for MSFT. Is it possible?

What is this "BITS_POST" thing you speak of?