[squid-users] URL Rewrite for https via Squidguard

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:43:33 UTC 2016

10.01.16 1:36, Marcus Kool пишет:

> On 01/09/2016 09:49 AM, Darren wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks Marcus
>>
>> I have been hacking my own branch of Squidguard so I can add support
for the SNI (I hope)

>> How would I get the peek SNI output to the url_rewriter?
>
> using  url_rewrite_extras
>
>> I am a bit of a peek new comer.
>>
>> Sounds like there is some hope and a possible way forward.
This is not for new comer, Marcus ;)

<http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird>

>>> On 9/01/2016 5:46:36 PM, Marcus Kool <marcus.kool at urlfilterdb.com>
wrote:

attempts to connect to blocked https enabled sites.

the Connect details being handed to SG for processing and if I change
this to return a redirect to make it point to a different server

>>> indeed, "as expected"...
>>> The HTTP protocol supportly support redirection of URL by sending a
30x status code back to he browser.
>>> HTTPS, which is SSL+HTTP is "safe" encrypted channel where HTTP is
inside the channel and
>>> explicitly is designed not to be tampered with. So redirecting a
channel to an other website
>>> always will cause a certificate error, unless ...
>>> 1) one uses ssl-bump
>>> 2) installs the Squid fake CA certificate in all browsers
>>> 3) one has a policy for the other protocols (e.g. Skype) that use
CONNECT

happened earlier in squid before it gets this far down the CONNECT
process? Or is there something that I can return from Squidguard that
always just the IP address, so something earlier in the processing is
doing a reverse DNS lookup, is this the Browser of Squid and if so

>>> The above implies that you use Squid in interception mode where it
initially can only see the IP address of the server.
>>> In ssl-bump mode, Squid can peek in step1 and find the SNI of the
server (a.k.a the FQDN) and then the SNI/FQDN can be used in ACLs inside
Squid and any URL redirector that can cope with the SNI
>>> parameter. Squidguard cannot, the latest ufdbGuard 1.31 cannot, but
ufdbGuard 1.32 _can_ and will be released in February.